Selecting a Direct Cremation Provider
Understanding the direct cremation process
Before understanding where dangers can arise by selecting the wrong provider, you need to be aware of the process:
- Your loved one will remain in the hospital mortuary (or moved to another funeral directors) until the necessary paperwork is completed.
- The provider will collect your loved one from the hospital or funeral directors.
- In the meantime, application for cremation forms and the registration of death will take place.
- Your loved one will be placed in a suitable coffin.
- Paperwork will be submitted to the crematorium, minimum 48 hours prior to the cremation.
- Your loved one will make their final journey to the crematorium.
- The ashes will be collect by the provider and sent to the family.
The comparison table below shows some information that you may not have thought of.
REMEMBER: Ask as many questions as you can until you feel comfortable.