'Do it yourself' funeral
DIY funeral with a helping hand from us
Want the simplicity of a direct cremation but not a traditional style funeral?
Want to arrange the funeral yourself but need help for the practical elements of a funeral?
We designed this service for families wishing to arrange a funeral themselves but unsure of the hows, whos and whens.
We can be involved as much or as little as your require, with you in ultimate control.
From arranging the legal paperwork to the 'back of house' manual part of a funeral, we have the experience to help. Unlike other traditional funeral directors who want all-or-nothing, we openly promote families to be involved as no-one knows your loved one as well as you.
All of our staff follow strict no selling rules and will even advise you on unnecessary costs. Below is a list of the normal elements provided by us to create a traditional funeral service. These are only guidelines as some parts may require more or less time and expertise.
For a bespoke quote or discuss this type of service call Matthew or Mark.
- Bringing a loved one into our care from anywhere in England or Wales. £400
- Advice and guidance throughtout the funeral arrangements. £250
- The arrangement, assistance and completion of all cremation paperwork, including arranging music. £200
- Arranging a minister or celebrant to lead the funeral. From £180
- A full range of coffins, starting at £275
- The care of your loved one at our funeral home until the time of cremation. £200
- Preparation and dressing of your loved one. £150
- Use of our private chapel of rest, no charge during office hours.
- Safe conveyance of your loved one to our local crematorium in a traditional hearse £200 or private estate car £100.
- The arrangement and payment of doctor's fees, where necessary. £164
- All necessary crematorium fees, Worcester £790, The Vale £825
- Provision of an experienced funeral director on the day of the funeral. £200
- Provision of experienced coffin bearers, £50 per bearer.
- The collection and storage of cremated remains for one calendar month. £25
- Delivery of ashes either by courier £25 or personally, by hand £175
At all stages we will inform you of your total charges and work with you to find alternative solutions and personal touches.
24 hour personal attention from Matthew Jackson or Mark Campion.