direct cremation plus funeral
Independent, qualified funeral directors based in Upton-upon-Severn and Pershore.
Winner of SME Midlands Enterprise Awards 2018
'Worcestershire Funeral Director of the Year'
Direct Cremation Plus Funeral
Want the simplicity of a direct cremation but not a traditional style funeral?
Want to arrange the funeral yourself but need help for the practical elements of a funeral?
We designed the direct cremation plus to give ultimate flexibility. Any number of family and friends can be present and you can choose the date and time of the service.
We can also offer advice on the opportunities available for your loved ones ashes.
The Direct Cremation Plus Funeral includes:
- Bringing a loved one into our care from anywhere in England or Wales. (subject to GP’s permission and cremation certificates)
- Advice and assistance to gain a death certificate or the Coroner’s procedures.
- The arrangement, assistance and completion of all cremation paperwork.
- A dignified coffin made from sustainable materials.
- Use of our private chapel of rest.
- The care of your loved one at our funeral home until the time of cremation.
- Safe conveyance of your loved one to our local crematorium.
- A choice of date and time, with the option for any number of family and friends to attend.
- All necessary fees for the crematorium.
- The collection and storage of cremated remains for one calendar month.
This type of service has limited involvement from ourselves for the organisation of the funeral service. A minister or celebrant can not be organised by us and we will be unable to facilitate requests for orders of service, limousines or newspaper notices. We will however always keep an eye on the arrangements and give guidance to help make sure no mistakes or errors are made. We are here to help.
The above cost does not include the completion of doctor's cremation certificates at a cost of £164. These certificates are not applicable if the death is under investigation by HM Coroner. Other direct cremation providers have a fixed fee including this however as not all funerals require this paperwork we find it unfair to charge everyone. For clarification on whether these certificates are needed please call us on 01386 552724 or 01684 879748.
Due to the doctor's paperwork needing to be completed by the last doctor who attended your loved one, he/she will need to be kept local to the doctor for them to be able to attend, examine and complete the necessary forms. If the death occurs in a hospital, this will be completed on-site. However, if the death has occurred at their home or nursing home we will arrange for a local funeral director to provide the initial care of your loved one. This would be an additional expense of approximately £250, dependent of the funeral director but we will try to keep the cost as minimal as possible for you.
Additional funeral bearers or oversized coffins will incur additional costs.
All costs will be discussed at the initial meeting and an itemised account will be produced prior to the funeral.
24 hour personal attention from Matthew Jackson or Mark Campion.